What is GetResponse?
GetResponse is an email marketing platform, enabling you to create a valuable marketing list of prospects, partners, and clients, which in turn, helps in building better relationships with customers and build a responsive and profitable customer base.
It promises a deliverability rate of 99.5%, to make sure your messages reach destination inboxes.
It offers lots of online marketing features like email marketing, landing pages, webinars, conversion funnels, and many more based on your needs.
Like if you’re an entrepreneur, it helps you market your business online using email marketing, landing pages, and paid ads.
For online marketers, it offers sales funnels, popup forms, and auto responders.
Similarly, based on your needs, it offers you features based on your needs
Powerful email marketing software with professional email templates, easy design tools, and proven deliverability.
- Email creator – pixel-perfect emails by using a simple drag-and-drop email creator.
- Auto responders – follow-up, educate, and nurture – automatically
- Email analytics – Track performance through key metrics and automated reports
- Transactional emails – Deliver order confirmations, receipts, notifications, and more.
- List management – Organize and segment your contacts for precise targeting
- Automated mails – Design and trigger action-based, automated emails to engage and sell
- Automated blog digest – Increase your blog’s reach and share posts via email and on social media.
- Perfectly-timed emails – Deliver emails at the right time with Perfect Timing and Time Travel delivery tools.
- Free email templates – Explore the library of free, professionally-designed email templates
Build pages that convert your traffic and leads into more business – even if web design is not really your thing
- Facebook pixel – One-click integration to run powerful retargeting campaigns
- Signup forms – Generate new leads and grow your email list
- Popups – Increase conversions with customizable popup forms
- Countdown timer – Share time-sensitive deals and special offers
- e-commerce tools - Promote products and increase revenue with shoppable pages
Connect with your audience anywhere, anytime to increase conversions and engagement.
- Screen sharing – Demonstrate processes and show products in action
- Call-to-action button – Promote your products and special deals during webinars.
- On-demand webinars – Turn your webinar recording into evergreen, on-demand content
- Whiteboard – Collaborate live and brainstorm ideas with your audience.
- Polls and surveys – Gather valuable data and collect feedback from your audience.
Bring your ideal customer journey to life with a visual marketing automation builder that grows with your needs.
- Tags and scores – Build custom segments based on your contacts’ behavior
- Automation flows – Save time with prebuilt workflow templates.
- Abandoned cart emails – Recover lost sales with automated emails.
- Website visitor tracking – Send relevant communication based on page visits
- Product recommendations – Sell more with automated product recommendations
Prebuilt funnels designed for specific, automated campaigns.
- Sales funnel – Funnels to sell products and services online.
- Lead magnet funnel – Funnels to grow your list using lead magnets.
- List building funnel – Get more signups and nurture your growing email list.
- Webinar funnel – Grow your audience and monetize your expertise.
- e-commerce tools – Everything you need to sell online.
Built-in tools to run and manage your paid campaigns.
- Facebook ads – Set up, run, and manage your Facebook and Instagram ads.
- Google search ads – Find new customers with easy-to-create search ads.
- Social ads creator– Create animated social media videos and banners.
— starts at $15 per month to send an unlimited number of emails to up to 1,000 subscribers
— starts at $49 per month for up to 1,000 subscribers
l — starting at $99 per month for up to 1,000 subscribers
As your subscriber list increases, so does the price. You can expect to pay $450, $499, and $580 per month in “Basic”, “Plus” and “Professional” plans respectively if you go to the max list size with 100.000 subscribers.
Pricing of the “Max” plan depends on requirements and list size.
Therefore, to get quotes for the “Max” plan you’ll need to contact the GetResponse
team and can further discuss your needs and negotiate on pricing.
They have significant discounts on 12-month and 24-month plans of 18% and 24% respectively.
Before finalizing the plan, you can go for a 30-day trial
and feel the difference yourself.
Which plan should you choose?
Let’s first look at what’s common among all plans-
- Email marketing
- Unlimited landing pages
- Unlimited automation templates
- Sales funnels (1 funnel)
- Unlimited lead funnels
- Facebook & Google Ads
- Chats (New!)
Now, let’s look at what are the key differences
in “Basic”, “Plus” and “Professional”-
– For more funnels you’ll have to spend a little more depending on your funnel needs-
– You can have more than one user account in “Plus” plan or higher. Like “1” in “Basic”, 3 in “Plus”, 5 in “Professional” and 10 in “Max”.
– This option is not offered in “Basic” plan and is available in “Plus”, “Professional” and “Max” with 100, 300 and 500 attendees & recording storage option of 3hrs, 6hrs and 10 hrs, respectively.
— the “abandoned order recovery” feature is only available on the ‘Plus’ plan or higher.
Some other differences include-
– More options available as you up the price ladder in “Plus”, “Professional” and so on.
Web push notifications and On-demand webinars
option is available only in “Professional” and “Max”
– Special feature only available in “Max” plan offering options like SSO (Single Sign-on), Dedicated Account Manager, Custom rebranding, dedicated rebranding, etc.
Pros and cons of GetResponse
- “Basic” plan is more affordable than most of its other competitors
- 12-month and 24-month options offer good discounts
- Webinar functionality is great
- Really cool marketing automation features
- The “Conversion funnel” option is quite useful for growing businesses
- Analytics feature helps monitor growth, areas of improvements and provides more insights about overall marketing performance
- Integrates nicely with Google Analytics and other metrics tools
- Compliant to GDPR requirements with an exception of adequate cookie consent features
- Support is provided in multiple languages
- Though Facebook pixel can be used with GetResponse’s landing page feature without a GDPR compliant way
- No 2-factor authentication at login
- A hard limit of 500 webinar attendees
- Drag and drop interfaces for creating landing pages and forms are a bit fidgety and need improvement
GetResponse’s autoresponder functionality is a key selling point — the product provides some of the most comprehensive autoresponder functionality available.
Really nice email templates and easy drag-and-drop email creator.
Build web pages in a quick way using templates and elements.
GetResponse’s pricing is fairly competitive — you can host a database containing up to 1,000 email addresses for $15 a month with GetResponse, compared to $29 per month on Aweber
and Campaign Monitor
Putting aside the pricing, there’s no better competitor than GetResponse offering such interesting features making online marketing easy and hassle-free.
Plus, the 30-day trial doesn’t ask for your credit card details. So, why not go and sign-up for the trial here
1. Can I try GetResponse before I buy
Yes! It’s possible to start with a 30-Day Free Trial account, with no credit card required. With a FREE trial you can – add 1000 contacts (the unconfirmed and removed contacts count toward the limit) test and utilize account features for 30 days
2. Any limits for a Free trial?
Webinars are limited to 10 people. The GetResponse badge will be added to every message you send from the FREE trial account and have 3rd party ads.
3. What is GetResponse Webinars?
4. How do I create a webinar?
- GetResponse Webinars are interactive, web-based seminars with people who want to know more about what you offer. They are a great way to build your marketing list.
- The webinar room offers you not only audio and video streaming but also access to online polling, desktop sharing, file sharing, and a digital whiteboard. Participants can collaborate with you and other attendees using the live chat box to share feedback and ask questions.
To create a webinar, follow these steps:
5. What is a Conversion funnel?
- In the Menu, click Webinars.
- On the Manage webinars page, click the Create webinar button.
6. How to create an ad with Facebook Ads integration?
To connect with Facebook Ads
- A conversion funnel is a tool that lets you manage and develop online sales. GetResponse Conversion funnel will help you promote products online, gain new customers and increase sales results. It’s an easy-to-use tool that will save you time and improve your sales rates.
- It can help you – promote and sell products online, find potential buyers, build your list of contacts, retain your clients and increase sales results. Click to know more
To create an ad
- Go to Menu >> Integrations.
- Click Details over the Facebook Ads integration.
- Click Connect to start the integration.
- You will be redirected to Facebook where you have to provide your login credentials and authorize the integration.
- Go to Menu >> Facebook Ads.
- Click Create ad.
- Name your ad campaign.
For more, you can go through this GetResponse article
Overall, GetResponse represents one of the more cost-effective ways to host and communicate with an email database.
It has competitive pricing compared to its competitors and is also is an exciting product, providing email marketing, automation, landing pages, e-commerce, sales funnels and webinars all in one place.
It’s hard to think of any competing email marketing solution that offers such an ‘all round’ proposition, and its free trial of 30 days is worth trying.
The free trial is fully functional and lasts 30 days, and allows you to use a list of up to 1,000 subscribers. You can sign-up for the trial here
However, some improvements to GetResponse are needed like-.
GDPR compliant cookie consent mechanism for the landing pages and setting up better authentication options for logins like two-factor authentication is essential.
Other one can be a more user-friendly landing page